Santa Cruz Tech Exchange is Santa Cruz County’s number one resource for refurbished computers and computer repairs, new and used DJ equipment / music production gear, pro audio and home studio equipment. We put on events and workshops for the community and help people who otherwise cannot afford technology to have a means to access it. By refurbishing, we also help preserve the environment from excess e-waste in landfills.
Santa Cruz Tech Exchange is looking for an experienced and highly motivated full-time Sales Manager for our brick- and- mortar store. The ideal candidate will be passionate about helping people achieve their goals with computers and DJ/computer music technology, while also knowing how to drive sales to grow our business. The Sales Manager will embrace and amplify our business’ culture of building community in and around the shop, as well as online. They should be familiar with computers, DJ Equipment, Pro Audio and Synthesizers and generally understand the music studio/production business and technology that runs it.
Previous experience with our e-commerce platforms (Shopify, Ebay, Reverb) is a plus. The Store Manager will work closely with repair staff to help drive competitive pricing. In addition, they will be responsible for maintaining the storefront appearance; scheduling, training, providing leadership for other employees; and setting/hitting sales performance goals.
Candidates must be willing to work in a public facing job during COVID and follow all CDC/County Health COVID guidelines including social distancing and wearing a mask for the entire shift. Applicants need to be able to perform frequent, repetitive movements, handling heavy boxes and other merchandise, and operating computer and cashier terminals during busy times of the day standing for most of each shift. Candidates may be required to set up and/or tear down for events including store displays out front.
- Proven leadership skills including a minimum of 2 years of supervisory or management of a customer service setting.
- Passion for DJ and/or Music Production, Computers and a knack for troubleshooting general technical issues a must.
- Integrity and professionalism in all aspects of work.
- Passionate about creating a strong team environment and sense of community.
- Committed to setting store goals and objectives and working to exceed those goals.
- Experience working with a diverse team.
- Organized, efficient and detail oriented.
- Excellent communication skills including conflict resolution.
- Minimum one year commitment to the job.
- Someone who will treat the shop as if it were theirs
5 days/week, 11:30am-7:30pm (current), Saturdays/Sundays may be required. Full availability required for the holiday season.
Pay and Benefits:
Drive Sales Growth
- Develop strategies to drive local foot traffic into the store (e.g., flyer, balloons/tables out front, plan/host events,especially on slow days)
- Set up weekly/monthly productivity targets for the store based on YoY (year-over-year) growth trends, and schedule employees to work accordingly.
- Encourage employees to take advantage of sales and discounts to increase close rates with customers.
- Evaluate customer trade-in values and deem if they are an appropriate fit for the store’s sales goals.
- Effectively schedule and host sales events.
Foster Relationships with the Community
- Deliver 6-star customer service to customers!
- Mitigate any issues that arise with customers.
- Ensure employees maintain appropriate and comfortable interactions with customers.
- Acquire and share knowledge of new products from Vendors; encourage Vendor visits and training sessions.
- Spend available time on the sales floor assisting with sales and asking for customer feedback to improve the environment of the store.
Maintain an effective sales team while facilitating employee growth
- Drive the sales team to success!
- Ensure that sales are being trained effectively on store policies and procedures, product knowledge, customer service, and sales skills.
- Follow up with employees on a routine basis to ensure training holds, and the employee is following their growth plan.
- Delegate/prioritize tasks to employees to help fulfill responsibilities.
Manage store Operations
- Customer service including cashiering, recommending gear/computers, providing information and other tasks as needed.
- Set and maintain pricing both in-store and in our POS (which will also set pricing online).
- Fulfill online orders. Ensure orders get shipped out in time at the best shipping price.
- Maintain inventory in preparation for sales, and fulfill purchase orders based on anticipated sales and out-of-stock items.
- Coordinate with the Repair Shop Manager and Owner on needs outside of the sales department (e.g., changes in procedures, request for facility repairs, etc.)
Uphold COVID safety protocols for customers and floor staff
Effectively treat the shop as your own and do whatever is necessary.
- Carry Keys and Open and Close daily.
Work with Marketing / Community teams to communicate externally
- Help drive regular marketing materials by coordinating content surrounding sales and events to marketing personnel.
- Ensure all customer communication supports brand and brand messaging.